Late last year The Arts Centre, Melbourne, released a wonderful online resource for drama teachers and students called Page To Stage: The Ultimate Performance Toolkit.
This website is suitable for students of all ages, but I particularly use it with my Year 8 and 9 Drama students. The content is divided into a number of sections:
- Inspiration – image generator of random objects – great for ideas to create scenes
- Improvisation – drama games and great tips on improv
- Create Your Performance – random generator for performance styles, dramatic elements, performance spaces and theatrical conventions – awesome for extended improvisations
- Playbuilding – tips on how to produce plays through improvisation
A huge resource section with:
- Fact sheets
- Video interviews with theatre industry personnel
- Interactive multimedia
- Images from The Arts Centre, Melbourne, theatre productions
…. each covering the following areas of theatre:
- Manage Stage Fright – useful tips for any young actor
- Page To Stage Community – chart on a map your school and see other schools using the website
- School and drama class registration
- Student blog
- Teacher forum
- Student portfolio
- 2015 VCE Drama and Theatre Studies Playlist
- Solo Performance Tip #2: Research! Research! Research!
- Solo Performance Tip #7: Goal Setting
- The Drama Teacher Gets 5 Stars!
- SoundBible: Free Sound Effects